My name is Carrie-Ann. I am a young, energetic and active female who is passionate about animals and animal care. I have chosen to become an animal care provider for owners in need because I have a passion for animals of all kinds. I am a full-time pet caretaker, with a steady cilientele. I have over 10 years of experience caring for a variety of animals including cats and especially dogs of many breeds. I grew up around dogs and many other animals and am a true animal lover, who has owned and cared for animals my entire life. I really miss my childhood dog. I am often found in my natural habitat, which means frequenting the forest, hiking a path, being near a waterfall, or feeding small animals out in nature. I show empathy and understanding, patience, kindness and guidance, attention to detail, and a basic understanding of most animal behavior, including ways to best interact with them based on their personal needs. I am physically fit, able to walk, run, jog, lift, bend, twist, walk.
I use Pawshake professionally for work and also as a way to surround myself with even more furry friends. Taking care of others pets while they are unable to is a great feeling.
Due to high demand, I am unable to service outside of my general area. I am able to service drop-in's or walking from Dundurn/Barton/Escarpment (down mountain)/ to Gage Park area due to my current area of clientele.
I look forward to building strong relationships with the pets in my care, as well as the owners who are lucky to have them! Your furry friend will be happy you chose me, and you will too!
What I would like to know about your dog:
I will ask questions regarding personalized pet care and instructions including but not limited to;
- Basic information about your pet including your pets name, breed and age. If your pet is a rescue - if you know it's previous situation prior to ownership. If your pet has been fixed, or is up to date on all shots and vaccines.
- Emergency contact information, and your preferred vet's contact information. If your pet is micro-chipped and the chip information.
- Any health conditions or concerns. Special care taking instructions or other important information. If your pet needs any type of medications, and how to provide them to your pet.
- Detailed descriptions and instructions of your pets daily routine and needs. If your pet has any allergies, or a specific diet, including allowed treats. Food schedule with any measured amounts. If your pet has a routine walk schedule.
- If your pet has separation anxiety. Has your pet been okay or uneasy around other animals or people, and if so what types? Any other important and useful information, tips or tricks to help keep your pet comfortable and in perfect pet bliss. Does your pet enjoy the company of other visitors or guests (when boarding overnight or day care, as well as walking services, this is a good thing to know) or do they prefer to be one-on-one. Is your pet a bolter, or likely to chew on or eat things it is not supposed to? Is your pet well-trained, or is it likely to have an accident or mark and if so what kind?
- If your pet has any instructions or rules about being on furniture, or if your pet needs to sleep in it's own crate or bed.
- Confirm pickup and drop off times, and how many daily updates or your preference on receiving them whether via; the Pawshake app, by text, message or email. I will send you updates based on your preferences.
1. I ALWAYS requires a Meet n' Greet, prior to booking a request if it is a pet I am not accustomed to caring for. If I am House and Pet sitting, doing Drop-In's, or Walks, I must be able to have the Meet n' Greet at your home prior to booking your requested days. If your pet is coming to stay with me, visiting your home during the Meet n' Greet isn't necessary, although I do appreciate being able to see the environment of each pet that I takes on, prior to their stay to ensure that they are suitable for my type of environment. I require to introduce new dogs in my care as well as their owners, to my home prior to accepting any new bookings as I would like to monitor their behaviour in a new environment.
2. I will not accept animals who are not bathroom trained or who mark (unless an infant animal and I do not mind helping train infant animals), or animals who are aggressive towards people. If the animal is aggressive towards another animal I must be informed, and you need to provide me with a type of muzzle during the stay to ensure everyone's safety during walks. If your animal needs to be booked solo, please inform me and we can discuss the necessary steps to ensure that your pet is comfortable within my home. I will accept any size of pet as long as they listen well, and are trained during walks and do not pull too much when walking or caring for them.
3. I require pretty firm drop-off and pick-up times as I am running a business (Pet Caretaking & Dog Walking), and need to know my availability and schedule as other clients and their fur babies are relying on me. Please understand that, and be present during your planned drop-off and pick-up times as to not intervene or alter my days schedule. In the event that you are unable to drop-off or pick-up your animal during our planned timeframe, I reserve the right to reconsider future bookings in the event that it is on a reoccurring basis and add a late fee of $15 an hour onto our booking.
1. Day Care operates between the hours of 7am-5pm - on Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday-Sunday. Pet Boarding operates between the hours of 5pm to 11 am the following day, Monday-Sunday. If you need to drop your animal off prior to drop-off, or pick your animal up after pickup times, there may be a price increase or fee for service due to boarding and day care demand. House & Pet Sitting services run between the hours of 5pm to 11 am the following day, Monday-Sunday. If you need me to arrive prior to 5pm, or leave after 11am the following day (except when staying for more nights), there may be a price increase or fee for service due to service demands.
2. I do have a long and narrow stairway to get up to my apartment from the first-floor entrance. Unfortunately, this may mean that senior pets or pets who are unable to go up and down stairs on their own may not be able to be booked with me.
I will not accept any animal who is sick, as it may endanger other animals who may come into my care or in contact with your animal, so please assess your animal and do let me know if you have any concerns.
Please examine your animal before booking my services, and ensure that they do not have fleas, or any other similar issues. Let me know if your animal has contracted a communicable disease within 30 days of your requested service.
Whether you are looking for short-term or long-term care, periodic drop-in's or walks, I am able to provide your pet the care they need. Providing responsible and detailed care, based on each individual pets needs. I offer our services year round, in a heated and air conditioned home, and provide comfort to your pets. I also offer experienced care to other smaller animals including but not limited to; cats, mice or rats, guinea pigs, hamsters, lizards, frogs, fish, birds, and more exotic type of pets. Whether your pet has fur, scales or feathers, I would be interested in care taking for you. I am also an experienced photographer but inexperienced Petographer who loves to take pictures of nature, animals and wildlife. Photo packages can be available upon request.
I am located in the heart of Corktown, which if you are unfamiliar - is a dog-friendly neighborhood. I live in a duplex / house, on the second floor, which has a good size and layout. In my care your pet will experience (based on pets individual needs); Leisurely walks, active hikes in nature or a paved path. I will likely be walking them around my neighborhood frequenting "Shamrock park" and field. I would likely be taking your pet on a one-on-one trip, unless I book a second pet to tag along and both owners are comfortable with this decision. I will never take any pet off leash as that is a personal preference for me during walks. I live near many trails including the Bruce Trail, fields, and parks. If your pet loves individual attention, play time, is affectionate, and going for walks or is very active - I would be a great care taker for your pet. I also enjoy lounging, relaxing, and cuddling if your pet prefers or needs a more relaxed lifestyle. I understand that each pet has different needs and I can respect and understand that, and look forward to catering to each pets individual needs. Unfortunately, I do not have a fenced yard, however, this means that your dog will have frequent routine walks to ensure sufficient bathroom breaks based on individual pets needs. I let animals on my furniture and lay in my bed, and will unless owner prefers otherwise. Your dog has the freedom to roam the house but is under supervision and care. I'll always be nearby and ready to give your animal all needed affection, play time and attention even while working from home or servicing other owners and their furry friends. Type of playing your pet will get the opportunity to experience includes; toys (brought by you or purchased by me) - (fetch, tuggawar, puzzle toys).
Expect to receive an abundance of photos and possible video updates of your furry friend including descriptions while they are in our care. Whether it be playing, napping, cuddling, walking or eating. I will send you updates based on your preferences. You will experience professional and timely interactions and responses. I am more than happy to accommodate and care for your pet and their specified needs. I will provide excellent customer and pet service, as well as conflict resolution.
I feed pets based on personalized dietary restrictions, and providing them with fresh drinking water, brushing pets and cleaning any needed litter boxes or poop. I am able to shop for pet food in accordance to the pets dietary restrictions and needs for long-term stays. I will also keep a daily log of feeding and walking times, and of animal behavior, including any notable behavior like failure to eat or sleep and will provide these upon request or in needed circumstances.
I offer all services including but not limited to; Drop-In Visits to provide companionship, Walking Services, Pet & House Sitting, Pet Boarding,
or Pet Day-Care.
All drop offs are okay to do until 8:30 pm, each night to leave room for the pet to adjust prior to bedtime. I try to keep an open-availability and flexible schedule time, for all of your pet needs. When dropping off your pet please make sure you bring the essentials like; A collar or harness with ID tags, a leash, poop bags, enough food for the entire stay and items to keep the animal comfy like a Dog Bed or Blanket, Toys, Treats, etc. Please keep in mind, if your pet is unable to be booked with another animal of the same type, that there will possibly be a fee in place due to service demand.
During House Sitting bookings, your pet will still receive the previous experiences, while I am also taking care of your home and staying overnight
to provide comfort and care to your pets. I will do basic chores, like cleaning up any spills or paw prints from animals after walks, cleaning litter boxes, vacuuming up animal hair, security checks of any windows and doors, and pick up any mail or newspaper that is left for you during my stay. I will never bring any guests or visitors to your home.
Very professional, would book with Carrie Ann again! Received lots of photo updates throughout the day which definitely put my mind at ease that my pup was having a fun little getaway
Carrie Ann was a fantastic dog sitter. I consider myself a dog mom and love my pet very much. Carrie Ann was very thorough with her questions and wanting to know as much about my dog as possible to be able to provide the best experience for her. I booked her for 2 days of doggie daycare and each time received photos and updates as to how my dog was doing. She made sure to let me know her schedule for the day and if she had to step out for a short time or not. I know my dog was well taken care of and received lots of cuddles and walks. I would definitely use Carrie Ann again in the future and recommend her to friends and family with pets!
Senior Dog Experience
Can provide daily exercise
Special Needs Dog Experience
Réservez sur Pawshake pour bénéficier de la Garantie Pawshake, l'assistance, la garantie de réservation, les paiements sécurisés, l'envoi quotidien de photos et plus encore !