Hello, nice to e-meet you!
Let me introduce myself and the rest of the gang!
My name in Veronica (26) and I work at the McGill University as a science communicator. My schedule is very flexible and I work from home most of the time. I've always had pets at home: as a kid/teenager I had a cat and 2 dogs: one was a Belgian Shepherd mix (40kg) and the second one a powder puff mix (6kg). Throughout the years, I had many experiences dog-sitting for friends and family and I took various training courses with my dogs. Needless to say, I love ALL animals (I'm particularly dog obsessed ;) ) and that's why I've also been vegan for almost 5 years now.
I live together with my partner, Flavio (27), who is a PhD student at McGill and who also works from home. Flavio has also years of experience with both cats and dogs.
Recently we adopted Gnocco (10 months), a mini Aussiedoodle, who is absolutely adorable. We have trained him since day 1 and he is perfectly behaved. He loves meeting and playing with dogs, he has met some of our friends's cats (he is very gentle with them) and he is just overall a friendly and happy pup.
Both me and Flavio have experience with dog-sitting. Our longest experience has been of two months and a half and now we dog-sit a friend's dog every once in a while, so Gnocco is used to share his home with other animals. We are both very careful and attentive people and the health & wellbeing of your pup will be our main concern. If you decide that we are a perfect match for you fur-baby, here is what we offer:
- Minimum of 4 walks a day. Gnocco uses "talking buttons" to communicate with us and he likes to go on walks regularly.
- Constant supervision of your pet. There is always someone at home. And if it happens that we need to leave for short amounts of time, there is always a video-camera so we can monitor them at all times
- Stress free environment: We know how stressful it can be for pups to stay away from their home. For this reason, we prefer to host one dog at a time to ensure they can adjust to our place without having dogs coming and going all the time.
- Lots of playtime and fun training. We spend at least 1 hour a day playing with Gnocco, and Gnocco loves to play with his new friends, so your pup will not get bored while you are away :)
- Grooming. We are used to brushing Gnocco every 48h and we are ready to do the same for your pup!
- Pet safe home. As pet owners, we are aware of all the possible dangers so you can rest assured your pup is in great hands.
- Same treatment that you offer in your own home. Lots of cuddles? Sleeping on the sofa and on the bed? We will make sure that your pup is not even going to realize that you are gone ;)
- Constant updates. As a dog owner, I know that you are going to miss your pup while away. I will keep you updated with pictures and videos (even short video-calls) as little or as much as you want.
Our home: We live in Mile End (right next to Outremont) in a ground floor apartement with a fenced backyard. Our neighbourhood is calm and we live next to 2 parks and not very far from Mont Royal so the pups are going to have plently of green-theraphy.
Why pet-sitting? Both Flavio and I love animals and one day we would like to own a farm sanctuary. We also know how difficult it is to find someone that is trustworthy, caring and attentive while we are away, that's why we decided to open our home to your fur-baby so that they can have the best possible time while you enjoy your break. Moreover, we see how happy Gnocco is around other dogs and we want to be able to find him many new dog friends. Money is our last concern, but it's always a nice addition.
References: We are happy to provide references from our past dog-sitting experiences (we are new to Pawshake)
Special requests?: We are flexible and we want to accommodate you (and your pet of course!) as best as we can.
NOTE: We welcome both dogs and cats. However, they NEED TO BE DOG FRIENDLY because of our pup Gnocco. Safety is our main concern and we will need to set up a meeting to ensure we are a perfect match. We also prefer hosting one dog at a time.
Check in: after 5pm
Check out: before 12am
(We can be a bit flexible when neccessary)
Because of our own dog, we will be hosting ONLY VACCINATED dogs.
PS: Nous parlons aussi français.
Veronica et Flavio (et Gnocco!) ont pris soin de notre chiot de 3 mois pendant 2 semaines complètes. La communication était excellente, leur amour des chiens évident et leur expérience avec les chiots ont fait qu’il a passé 2 très belles semaines et qu’il a même appris de bons nouveaux comportements. Bref on ne pourrait pas être plus satisfaits et en confiance que ça pendant notre voyage à l’étranger.
Ma chienne, Ollie, semble avoir passé un agréable séjour avec Gnocco. Veronica m'a régulièrement envoyé des photos et vidéos, ce qui m'a fait très plaisir de la voir s'amuser pendant mon absence, surtout qu'elle est de nature anxieuse. Veronica a pris le soin de mettre du stick protecteur sur ses pattes, j'en suis ravie. Je la recommande vraiment comme dog-sitter!
Réservez via Pawshake pour bénéficier de la Garantie Pawshake, l'assistance, de la garantie de réservation, des paiements sécurisés, aucun frais de dossier, aucun frais de modification, de l'envoi quotidien de photos et plus encore !